Fair & Acceptable Usage
This FAUP is intended to give guidance to you in understanding the types of usage which are unfair and/or unacceptable. The list below is abridged and not intended to be exhaustive but should help you understand what behaviours will not be tolerated.
Please make sure you take time to read through the full version of our FAUP which can be seen by clicking here.
You may use our network and Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our network and Services:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is criminal, illegal, unlawful or fraudulent, or has any criminal, illegal, unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, publish, post, contribute, distribute, disseminate, collect, access, encourage the receipt of, use, upload, download, record, review or stream, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any pyramid selling schemes or any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam) (and should you do so we reserve the right to block any such materials or solicitation and treat such activity as a breach of this FAUP).
- To knowingly or negligently transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, corrupted files, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment owned by VFM or any other Internet user or person (except where you pass samples of malware in a safe manner to appropriate agencies for the purpose of combating its spread).
- To carry on activities that are in breach of any other third party’s rights, including downloading, installation or distribution of pirated software or other inappropriately licensed software, deletion of any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded, falsification of the origin or source of any software or other material or that fail to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when collecting or using an individual’s personal information as defined in that Act.
- To monitor or record the actions of any person entitled to be in your home or business premises without their knowledge or any person or thing outside of your home or premises including, without limitation, any public highway or roadway or another person’s home or business premises.
- To collect, stream, distribute or access any material that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally collected, streamed, distributed or accessed.